- About usBackground | Mission | Principles | Solutions
- DonationsBy check Online 2502 Lindley Terrace Rockville MD 20850, USA Phone: +1 301 738 7122 Fax: +1301 738 7123 To make a donation safely online CLICK HERE To make a regular contribution simply choose that option at the end of the donation routine. International banking If you want to send funds directly to a project with a bank and do not live in the US please Contact us for more information Tax exemption Donations to AMURT are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law in certain countries. In USA AMURT is a 501(c)3 organization with the Federal TAX ID number 23-7164834. If you wish to make a donation by bank wire transfer to the USA, please contact our Rockville office on the address above (under check donations). Gifts that Change Lives This gift program enables you to share your holiday gifts with other less fortunate people around the world, to make a permanent difference in their lives. It is a great way to remember others in our larger human family. Take a look through our catalog and find a gift that you would like to share. The gifts are small parts of our projects, including items such as maternity…
- News & MediaAMURT & AMURTEL – The movie More videos on projects around the world on our YouTube channel TeamTalk is the quarterly newsletter of AMURT & AMURTEL. It contains current in-depth articles on projects and services worldwide. Free Subscription: Sign up April 2011: Japan Disaster Response, AMURT starts work in Nigeria, What happened to the children of Romania after the media spotlight faded? Download now: screen versions: A4 | 8 1/2 x 11 print versions: A4 | A3 | 8 1/2 x 11 | 11 x 17 December 2010: Haiti: Cholera Response, Haiti: Cash for Work and a Green Future in Haiti, Indonesia: ‘Better World‘ Program: A Festive Celebration. Download now: screen versions: A4 | 8 1/2 x 11 print versions: A4 | A3 | 8 1/2 x 11 | 11 x 17 September 2010: Peru: People Helping Each Other, Indonesia: Better World Programs, India: Multitherapy Charitable Health Centre. Download now: screen versions: A4 | 8 1/2 x 11 print versions: A4 | A3 | 8 1/2 x 11 | 11 x 17 May 2010: Earthquake in Haiti: Relief to Displaced People, Child-Friendly Spaces, Addressing Post Traumatic Stress, Homeopathy in Rural Haiti. Download now: screen versions: A4 | 8 1/2…
- PartnersAffiliations | Implementing Partners | Funding Partners | Corporate Sponsors We conduct a Background Check on our U.S. Volunteers through Integrascan
- VolunteerKids Worldwide is the prime volunteer placement agency of AMURT for children and education programs. Kids Worldwide helps to organise placements for international volunteers to get involved in over thirty children’s projects located in developing countries around the world. These projects are managed by organisations registered in the country in which they work. Point of Difference Kids Worldwide is different from the majority of other volunteer organisations in that they do not charge the projects any money for being on their website or for their services. This means that volunteers only pay for their food and accommodation to the project directors themselves, when they arrive – thus directly benefiting the project they are going to help. There is no middle man and the cost is thus very reasonable to volunteers. Visit their website Disaster and Long Term volunteering Occasionally AMURT accepts volunteers for its disaster relief responses and long term assignments. Should you have what it take to make service your lifestyle, contact us through the online form.
AMURT has been active in Lebanon since 2012 supporting Syrian refugees and vulnerable host communities. For the last two years the focus is on creating a Pathway to Education and providing psycho-social support.
Hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing conflicts in the Middle East seek to reach safer paces in Europe. Many of them pass through Greece as it is the southeastern gateway to Europe.AMURT & AMURTEL volunteers in Greece addresses the very vulnerable conditions of pregnancy, birth and infancy of the moving refugee population.
AMURT does teacher training in Nepal to assist public school teachers to welcome back students that had been out of school since the earthquakes. The training draws on multiple resources such as trauma reduction, creative therapies, yoga and group therapies. As most schools were damaged or destroyed AMURT builds Temporary Learning Centers that starts with the students decorating their classrooms.
The ongoing activities of AMURT-Haiti continue full speed with several new programs joining the wide scope of long-term initiatives. The Center for Innovative Continuing Education completed in close collaboration with the University of Quisqueya has graduated the first two cohorts of 400 teachers who have …